Q: Hello, please tell me about yourself a bit.
Hello, I’m Dmitriy, the founder of Project Management Basics. I’m a software development project manager, and I help people to master the theory, techniques, and skills of project management and leadership.
Q: OK, What is Project Management Basics?
Project Management Basics is the best resource for project managers and project leaders. Well, at least I put my heart and soul to make it happen.
At the moment it consists of my blog. You will find fresh articles there every week. And we have PB Basics Library – our free membership area.
Q: Very well. Do I have to be junior or senior PM to be here?
I focus on Junior and Middle-level Project Managers. If you have up to five years of experience, you will find tons of value here.
Nevertheless, one of my surveys showed that 25% of our community are highly experienced project managers with 8+ years in this role.
Q: Why is PM Basics better than other resources?
Everything I write and speak about comes from my personal and professional experience.
I started my PM career from scratch. Without any specific education or courses. I had to search for mentors, books, and resources on every bit of project management. I had to implement lots of things through trials and errors.
So, I know quite a bit about your problems and challenges.
But what’s really important, I want to help you become a manager capable of handling any project. A project of any size, complexity and in any environment.
Q: Where should I start to get all the benefits? But I don’t want to get overwhelmed!
Apply for PM Basics free membership. You will get access to the best content I have here in the form of books, email courses, and other downloadables.
Don’t worry, I know the value of your time. Once you are there, I’ll guide you through. It won’t impact your other commitments. You can always learn at your own pace.
If you are not ready to join, I have prepared a list of topics people frequently ask for. You will find it below.
People come to Project Management Basics to find information and tips on the following major four topics:
1. Leadership and People Management
- Masterclass Practical Application of Motivation and Leadership in Project Management
- Leadership Without Authority And 5 Tips That Will Win Your People
- Expectancy Theory and How to Develop People With Motivation in Mind
- Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory in Project Management
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and It’s Practical Application on Your Projects
2. Junior Project Manager Guides
- 5 Tips to Take Advantage of the First Months as a Junior Project Manager
- 8 Questions a Junior Project Manager Should Ask
- 4 Traits of the Best Junior Project Manager
- Practical Guide to Useful Project Management Plan
3. Risk Management
- BOOK: Complete Guide to the Basics of Project Risk Management
- Simple Project Risk Management Plan that Works
- Risk Register – All You Need to Know About It
- 43 Important Risk Categories for Effective Risk Identification
4. Stakeholder Management
- How to Manage Stakeholders Engagement in a Strategic Way
- My (Secret) Tactics to Build Project Stakeholders Engagement
- Good, Bad, and Ugly Stakeholders and How to Deal With Them
Today is the best moment to start your professional development!
Information available in PM Basics Library will boost your project management skills and knowledge. You will learn everything you need about Risk, Scope and Stakeholders Management.
You will also become a better leader.