Articles on Motivation on Project Management Basics:
- Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory in Project Management
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and It’s Practical Application on Your Projects
- Expectancy Theory and How to Develop People With Motivation in Mind
- How to be the Best Project Manager (For Your Team)
Articles on Leadership at Project Management Basics:
- [Masterclass] Practical Application of Motivation and Leadership in Project Management
- Leadership in Project Management and What Does it Mean?
- Leadership Without Authority And 5 Tips That Will Win Your People
- How to Manage Leaders and Lead Senior Project Managers
- Ultimate Guide to Effective Team Meeting
- 6 Main Roles and Responsibilities of a Project Manager
How to Become a Leader on a Project
Leadership in Project Management is a complicated topic by itself. Moreover, you need to learn how to integrate these concepts together naturally. Neither of them is self-sufficient.
Your ultimate goal as a Project Manager is to make people:
- Feel ownership for the project.
- Love to work with you.
- Feel valued.
- Follow your example.
- Feel the impact they have on the project.
But there is a catch:
For leadership to work you need three components:
- A leader who made conscious decision to lead
- Compelling common interest to follow
In Project Management there is a severe lack of compelling common interest. So you need to find a cause interesting for your team member and aligned with benefits required by the project.
Find Compelling Interests and Strat Build Your Leadership Style Today
Understand your role as a PM correctly
Learn what leadership means in project management
Find out how to lead when you have not authority yet
Prepare yourself to lead other leaders and managers
Learn how to develop a strong Project Management Team
Get the book
Register for My PM Basics below to get access to my free ebook How to Become a Leader on a Project. It will help you to boost your project management approach with a high-level engagement of your team.Get the Book
The most important skill of a PM
Hands down high motivation in a team is the most crucial factor in project success. As a project manager, you are responsible to keep people motivated.
Learn how to motivate people on your project with the free book. Get access when you register for PM Basics Library.
3 Motivational Theories Each Project Manager Must Know
Learn to apply Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Find out how to control Motivational Hygiene Factors on a project
Master the art of making promises that inspire people
Get the Book
Register for My PM Basics below to get access to my free ebook 3 Motivational Theories Each Project Manager Must Know. It is designed to help you win your team and make them love to work with you.Get Access to PMB Library